Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where do you get your protein?

Whenever I talk about transitioning to a vegan diet or a raw vegan diet, people always ask me this.  I have been reading a ton of books over the last 1-2 years and have read many explanations of this, but sometimes have a hard time explaining it to people.  I knew it wasn't the "protein" you needed, but the amino acids.  The problem in getting them from meat is that your body uses A LOT of energy to break down the protein to get the amino acids, and a HUGE amount of energy to digest the meat.  So why not get those amino acids from fresh whole foods where your body and easily access them and easily digest them?!?!  Leaving you more energy for other things!

I found this video on Rawalicious's blog and it's great... thank you!

No comments: