Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 37

I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't been blogging everything I eat lately. I just felt too much pressure doing that...simply blogging a little about my day helps me stay on path...especially disclosing my weight each week.

I normally weigh myself several times a week to make sure I'm on the right track. I was 174.8 when I weighed myself this morning. That made me happy, because I had a little bit of an off day yesterday. On weigh-in days, if I see a loss, I tend to "treat" myself to something I wouldn't normally have, which I did yesterday. That way I still have a whole week to be good and make up for it. After picking the girls up from school we went to the mall so they could burn off some energy at the play area. I got a meal from the food court....french fries (yuck and yum at the same time!), and a veggie sandwich, but the veggies were sauteed in oil, so it wasn't really low in calories.

A smoothie is sounding wonderful right now, so off I go to make one!

Update: I am making Moroccan Lentil and Kale Stew. It is on the stove cooking right now, and looks so yummy! Can't wait for dinner!

Update: Just had my dinner...and the stew was soooo good!  Next time I will add even more carrots and kale.  The recipe is from the book "150 Vegan Favorites".  The picture isn't the greatest because it was taken with my Crackberry Blackberry. 




Moroccan Lentil and Kale Stew

1 TB Olive Oil
2 large carrots
1 medium yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
7 cups water
1 1/2 cups lentils, rinsed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups coarsely chopped kale or spinach
3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
juice of 1 lemon

In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add the carrots, diced onion, and garlic and cook , stirring, for 5 minutes.  Stir in the water, lentils, cumin, and pepper and bring to a simmer over high heat.  Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender, about 45-55 minutes.  Stir in kale, parsley, salt, and lemon juice and cook for 10-15 minutes.  Then Enjoy!

No comments: