Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rollerblading


I have loved skating from the time I was a young kid going to the Roller Arena every weekend with friends. The days where you skated hand in hand with a boy you had a crush on. Those were also the days of regular roller skates. I was quite good, and quite fast back then. I did at some point purchase my first set of rollerblades awhile after they became the new thing to have. However it's been several years since I've skated at all, and seem to have gotten rid of the rollerblades I had.

Rollerblading has been on my mind for quite some time now. Today my cousin Katie came over with her blades along with an extra pair she had. I tried them on and they were of course too big. So we headed to MC Sports where I purchased a new pair of my own. They are gray and pink, so cute (see above pic). We then headed to the carferry docks where the bike trail starts. This was the first time for both of us on the trail, so we didn't know what to expect. It's quite beautiful down there. The trail runs along Muskegon Lake, down to Heritage Landing and I believe goes all the way to North Muskegon. We obviously did not make it that far this time. The bike trail is very smooth, a plus for blading. There were a few very small hills, but big enough hills to get you moving faster than I wanted to go this first time. I thought I was going to bite it a couple of times, but managed to somehow keep my balance, thank goodness! I actually do pretty good blading, it's quite easy. Just please don't ask me to stop fast, because it won't happen. There were a few spots where you had to cross over a street, actually more like a drive to a business, but I prayed each time that there would be no cars coming. We did get lucky, but I suppose I should practice stopping so I don't kill myself. I have to say, I still love rollerblading as much as I ever did, and look forward to doing a lot more of it. Oh, I also felt some muscles I forgot I had. Another plus of blading. Maybe by the end of all this I will have one pair of beautiful legs. I can only hope...

No comments: